MUSIC AGAINST ANIMAL CRUELTY TO HOST ‘WILD DIGITAL’ LIVESTREAM IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BEATPORT
SATURDAY 16TH MAY 2020
RAISING AWARENESS AND FUNDS FOR CRUCIAL WILDLIFE CONSERVATION WORK
RAFFLE PRIZES DONATED BY PIONEER DJ
MATHEW JONSON LIVE
As the world continues to navigate the devastating effects of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the impact of our actions on this earth has never been so apparent. MAAC, the charity dedicated to raising awareness, funds and ultimately trying to save iconic species via the medium of music, has partnered with the home of electronic music, Beatport to bring music lovers a virtual music marathon this Saturday 16th May, whilst raising global awareness and critical funds for wildlife conservation work.
On Saturday May 16th, fans will be able to tune in to the Beatport livestream to witness epic sets from a host of global heavyweight DJ talents with Loco Dice, Danny Tenaglia, Adam Beyer b2b with Ida Engberg, Dubfire, Art Department and Mathew Jonson already confirmed for the virtual live stream. Throughout the event, donations can be made here. All those who donate will be entered into a raffle to win one of five DDJ-200 Controllers, generously supplied by Pioneer DJ.
The world as we know it is in crisis and cannot afford another pandemic to occur. In order to prevent future zoonotic disease outbreaks it is essential that we terminate the harmful activities responsible. At the top of the list – along with habitat loss – is the legal and illegal trade, trafficking and consumption of wildlife as meat, medicine, clothing, jewellery and ornaments. Without rapid change, humanity will continue to face the consequences of our inhumane treatment of our planet’s wildlife.
MAAC not only aims to educate, but to garner support from the music community at large, to raise desperately needed funds in order to help facilitate the essential work that is crucial to protecting wildlife, and in turn our planet.
MAAC’s partnership with Beatport will enable them to raise funds for their 2020 initiatives:
1. Rhino monitoring and anti-poaching efforts in Africa. Rhino poaching has dramatically increased in South Africa and Botswana during the lockdown. With no tourists on the ground and therefore less people working in the national parks, poachers can access the conservancies easily and are slaughtering both iconic animals (Rhino and Elephant) as well as the prey species for bushmeat.
2. Continue their Lion protection programme. Funding local tribesmen in Kenyan communities to protect Lions from being killed.
3. Provide essential food and care for Orangutans in Central Kalimantan Borneo during the Pandemic. They will also be building a rehabilitation clinic once they have the funding. The clinic will provide veterinarian services for sick orphaned Orangutans displaced by the palm oil industry.
4. Continue their “demand reduction campaign” to shut down the wildlife trade in China. Inclusive of products and parts. This will not only help stop future viruses from breaking out but also fundamentally save wildlife from extinction.
5. Support the ongoing mission to protect the future of snow leopards in western Nepal – through scientific research into the effects of climate change and community outreach programs to prevent human-wildlife conflict.
Founded by Jonny White of Art Department and longtime friend and founder of Pulse Radio, Wade Cawood, in collaboration with Tears for Tigers founder Jack Baucher, MAAC have been fundraising through dance music events since their inception in 2017. Their European debut ‘Wild’ event took place at Ushuaïa in 2018 with dance music royalty Black Coffee, Adam Beyer, Ida Engberg, Jamie Jones, Art Department, Bedouin to name a few. With this stellar lineup at one of the world’s most iconic dance music venues, MAAC made their presence known and garnered media attention from all over the globe. In October 2019, they successfully hosted their first art auction at the stunning Sabina Ibiza with world renowned artist Robyn Ward. Combining music and art in order to raise money for endangered animals, MAAC cemented their position as industry trailblazers. With many of their 2020 plans on hold due to the global pandemic, the organisation’s passion is on full display as they bring together some of the industry’s biggest names to continue their much-needed fundraising efforts.
Founded in 2004 as the principal source of music for DJs, Beatport is today the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs, producers, and their fans. The Beatport Store offers music in premium digital formats and provides unique music discovery tools created for and by DJs. Each week, Beatport’s music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world’s top electronic music artists. Beatport has offices in Denver, Los Angeles and Berlin.