Loco Dice In The House
One of the most unexpected collaborations of recent memory, Defected presents Loco Dice In The House is THE explosive dance music compilation of the year. Featuring tracks and remixes from cutting edge artists such as Kyle Hall, Skudge, Glimpse, Diplo, Marcel Dettmann and Dice himself as well as a hand-picked selection of unreleased Desolat exclusives, this is an incredible release from an undisputed legend of the scene.
The union of Loco Dice and Defected Records may at first seem like an unlikely one, but when you consider that both artist and label have tirelessly fought to promote the best in techno and house respectively for over a decade, the pieces begin to fall into place.
Loco Dice is a true original; a relentlessly creative force of electronically enhanced nature whose residencies at the world’s biggest clubs – DC10 and Amnesia, Ibiza among them – have elevated him to the ranks of icon on the underground scene.
Voted in the top 10 DJs of Resident Advisor’s highly respected end of year polls for the last three years in a row, Loco Dice is the undisputed king of the rolling, muscular basslines and delicately crafted atmospheres he creates with each of his sets. Defected presents Loco Dice In The House is the next step in a career that has been littered with unpredictable moves, backed up by glittering moments of genius.
Dice himself explains how the collaboration came about: “Defected is one of the labels that have always been in my record box” he says. “I have an entire section dedicated to them in my collection and I grew up with the label’s history. I think what they’re doing at the moment with combining a lot of different styles and bringing together a diverse range of artists is great. Defected has the freedom to do this, unlike a lot of labels.
“Of course I knew the name Simon [Dunmore] for years but we never had the chance to meet. Then last year at IMS Simon just sat down to talk to me; initially it wasn’t about business, just music.
“Eventually he asked me if I could do something for Defected, with as much freedom as I needed. For me it’s a great opportunity, and I always take compilations so seriously, as seriously as I would an album. I’m so happy with the results.
The results are, perhaps unsurprisingly, electrifying as Dice selects tracks from Tsuba, Strictly Rhythm, Running Back, Sub Level, Clone and more, from the housier vibes delivered through tracks like Franck Roger ‘Dont U Know’ (Matthew Styles Club Mix) and Robert Dietz ‘Common’ to dark harder-edged offerings in the vein of Skudge ‘Convolution’, Marcel Dettmann ‘Ellipse’ and Alden Tyrell ‘Rush’.
Also included are four brand new tracks from Dice’s own label Desolat, all exclusive to this compilation: Jean Pierre ‘Who U Mad At’, Brixton ‘LateUp’, ‘Federico Grazzini ‘Untouchable’ and Nathan Barato ‘Give It To You’.
Defected presents Loco Dice In The House exemplifies the open-minded attitude to electronic music embraced by both label and artist, and delivers a truly unique and timeless listening experience.
Loco Dice has also recently announced the next chapter in his love affair with the White Isle with his new ‘Used & Abused’ residency which will take place every Thursday from June 6th until to the end of September 2013. It will witness a return to Ibiza’s heyday via a series of outdoor-daytime parties at one of the island’s leading venues; Ushuaïa Ibiza. As one of electronic music’s leading figures, Loco Dice is curating a new experience that not only pays homage to his 15 year journey on the island, but is representative of where he is artistically at present.
Defected presents Loco Dice In The House is out 21st July (2CD and digital) on Defected Records
01. Loco Dice ‘M Train To Brooklyn’
02. Roger Gerressen ‘Somebody Should Have Told You’
03. Marcelo Rosselot & Francisco Allendes featuring Gustavo Ferrante ‘Straight Up’ (Original Mix)
04. Franck Roger ‘Don’t U Know’ (Matthew Styles Club Mix)
05. EDA ‘Love Worn’
06. Robert Dietz ‘Common’
07. He Did ‘Something’ (Original Mix)
08. About Group ‘You’re No Good’ (Theo Parrish Translation With Aashong)
09. The Glitz ‘Not Easy’
10. Brixton & Bommersheim ‘Late Up’
11. Doc Martin featuring Lillia ‘So Many Dreams’
12. Tevo Howard featuring Rick Howard ‘House Room’ (Paul du Lac Vocal Remix)
13. Federico Grazzini ‘Untouchable’
14. Delaze ‘Discoordination’ (Original Mix)
15. Catz ‘n Dogz & KiNK ‘Bad Love’
16. Nathan Barato ‘Give It To You’
17. Gee-Man ‘The Soul’ (Pimp Daddies Mix)
01. Call me ES ‘Short Circuit’ (Original Mix)
02. Glimpse ‘True South’
03. Kyle Hall & Kero ‘K2 Attack!’ (Short Mix)
04. Skudge ‘Convolution’
05. Diplo ‘Express Yourself’ (Original Remix)
06. David Alvarado ‘Ysleta’
07. Harvard Bass ‘Cream’
08. Marcel Dettmann ‘Ellipse’
09. Jack The Box ‘Pon De Undaground’ (Dingeman Remix)
10. Audioone ‘Avantgram’
11. Randee Jean ‘You Got It’ (Dexter & Awanto3 Mix 1)
12. Mr. Tophat & Art Alfie ‘Crab At The Green Hunter’ (Original)
13. Jean Pierre ‘Who U Mad At?’
14. Alden Tyrell ‘Rush’
15. Mad Mike & DJ Rolando ‘Aztlan’
16. Kerri Chandler ‘Six Pianos’